Job Ref: 26707
Talent Area: Other
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Supply Chain Mgmt-Adm
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: NIGHT
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of supplies needed for Operating Room case carts as well as crash carts and par carts needed by patient care departments throughout the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Distributes all sterile and non-sterile supplies and medical equipment upon request or case cart requisition.
2. Orders and puts away supplies & linens upon request, as needed.
3. Picks surgical case carts by following established Surgeons Preference Cards or Procedural Pick list / requisition.
4. Dispenses or delivers other supplies as needed.
5. Keeps work areas and equipment clean and orderly.
6. Demonstrates productivity and accuracy in the area of responsibility.
7. Monitors and Assists with tracking of asset inventory in assigned area.
8. Identifies issues and assists with resolutions.
9. Demonstrates the I CARE Values.
10. Demonstrates the Service PRIDE Standards.
11. Follows all safety rules on the job.
12. Performs other work as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS N/A
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Good verbal and written communication skills with Math Skills.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.