Job Ref: 26773
Talent Area: Surg Tech
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: PT/OT-Ortho Treatment
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M-F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Assists nursing staff in a variety of delegated tasks consisting of mobility activities related to patient care on post-op day zero. Participates in departmental maintenance activities and basic operational functions.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Contributes to departmental activities such as patient bed transfers, patient transportation and assistance with patient lifting .
2. Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors and the health care team
3. Communicates effectively with professional staff regarding patient¿s response to treatment.
1. Insure that supplies and materials are stored in appropriate areas to support inventory management.
1. Gathers pertinent information prior to meeting with patient to insure timely mobilization.
2. Communicate with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
3. Maintains the work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
1. Demonstrates competency and skill with basic treatment interventions. Accepts responsibility for timeliness and teamwork for successful completion of day zero assignments.
2. Maintains log of activities and assists in clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks as requested.
1. Stays abreast of techniques related to patient care on post-op day zero.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
Patient Care experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers.
Required Licenses: None Required
Required Certificates: BLS
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must complete PT/OT Technician competency assessment within first month of employment.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.