Job Ref: 26786
Talent Area: Administrative/Clerical
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Cntr for Inflam & Epigen Admin
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials.
Provides a wide variety of highly skilled administrative and staff support services to a departmental unit. Functions with relative independence. Reports to a Vice President or Senior Vice President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides word processing and other office technology support to department personnel. Composes, proofs, types, and distributes routine letters, memorandums, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and related materials to assure timely routine or answering of correspondence.
2. Makes arrangements for travel, seminars, and classes for department personnel.
3. Organizes and maintains department files.
4. Maintains calendar of appointments for designed Executive.
5. Answers telephone for designated Executive.
6. Assembles, prepares and distributes materials for meetings to provide all attending with appropriate information.
7. Organizes and expedites the flow of work through the executive offices in a timely manner to assist in alleviating the executive workload.
8. Takes minutes of meetings as requested.
9. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information s needed.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
5 years of secretarial experience, 3 years working for an executive.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
WORKING : Normal Office Environment
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.