Job Ref: 26783
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: PT/OT - Rehab
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: varied
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as requested by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant and coordinator.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Adolescence (12-18 years), Young Adult (19-40 years), Middle Adult (40-65 years), and Mature Adult (65 years and older)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate patient¿s level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment. EF
2. Monitor patient progress; maintain timely and accurate patient records. EF
3. Able to meet minimum manage a full patient load
4. Complete all patient documentation and enter charges for services provided. EF
5. Supervise those treatment delegated to PTA¿s and technicians. EF
6. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client¿s current treatment, progress and discharge planning. EF
7. Ensure proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment. EF
8. Participate in individual and staff development and expansion of services. EF Consistently provides education to patient, family and/or caregivers
9. Demonstrates ICARE Values. EF
10. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards. EF
11. Follows all safety rules on the job. EF
12. Perform other job duties as assigned. EF
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
Minimum of 1 year experience. Must meet competency requirements outlined for position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Current licensure with the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
Current CPR Certification
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
¿ Utilizes standard Rehabilitation equipment as required
¿ Ability to act as a clinical instructor, and provide training to students on clinical rotations.
¿ Developing professional relations with physicians.
¿ Developing ability to manage clinical case load of designated team.
¿ Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.