Job Ref: 26805
Talent Area: IT/Telecommunications
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Operations Integration & Optim
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Provide senior support for a hospital wide decision support framework that will provide the organization with the appropriate tools, evidence and knowledge to optimize effective evidence-based decision-making. Pursue and implement innovative approaches to data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation in order to support planning and decision-making at all levels of the organization.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Supports team by maintaining and improving the quality and integrity of data collected for decision-making and work with the other areas of the organization to ensure consistent reporting of information. Analyze and make recommendations for improved data quality. (EF)
1. Assists in the identification of financial and statistical information needs of decision makers and provide relevant, accurate and timely information. (EF)
1. Leads or participates in process improvement teams and committees charged with improving patient care delivery systems and processes by offering analytic skills and knowledge of available data. (EF)
2. Assists team in the development, implementation, and maintenance of automated and integrated methodologies for data collection, retrieval presentation, analysis and interpretation. (EF)
3. Ensures all reported data and information are accurate, consistent, relevant and timely.(EF)
1. Ensures all reported data and information are accurate, consistent, relevant and timely. (EF)
2. Supports the hospital by providing design expertise in the data modeling and architecture tasks associated with hospital wide business intelligence solutions.(EF)
1. Develops information through the exploration and integration of external and internal databases/sources. (EF)
2. Supports team by providing advice in operational and strategic technology decisions from a data warehousing/database perspective. (EF)
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor¿s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus required and at least five year¿s experience working with decision support systems required.
¿ Strong Decision Support / Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing systems & architecture experience in ¿real world¿, practical, successful implementations.
¿ Knowledge of ETL & Integration technologies.
¿ Knowledge of Data Marts, OLAP Tools, Reporting Analytics.
¿ Strong understanding of various data warehousing architecture concepts.
¿ Health Care Industry a plus, but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Extensive knowledge/skills related to data analysis, data warehouse and statistics.
2. Strong ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety and multiplicity of tasks and ensure their timely and accurate completion.
3. Knowledge of Heath Care Industry (Clinical, Finance/Accounting, Research) a plus.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in areas of responsibility.
5. Excellent analytical, organization, prioritization and oral/written communication skills.
6. Strong understanding of current technologies.
7. Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
8. Strong communication skills.
9. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.