Job Ref: 26911
Talent Area: Laboratory
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Radiology Research
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials.
Utilizes skills to provide technical research laboratory support in performing research experiments. Maintains records of data collected. Assists in the organization, tabulation and analysis of data under the direct supervision of the laboratory manager or Principal Investigator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs technical laboratory research.
2. Follows technical instruction in setting up and conducting experiments, including biological assays, quantitative and qualitative analyses.
3. Maintains records of all tests performed and data collected.
4. Assists in compilation, tabulation, and analysis of data.
5. Makes minor modifications and repairs on laboratory equipment.
6. Calibrates and operates a variety of laboratory equipment.
7. May perform surgery on laboratory animals.
8. Effectively utilizes computer systems.
9. Adheres to internal controls established for department.
10. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates of Arts (AA) with 5+ years experience Or Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) with no experience.
2 years or less of related research experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Certificates required depending on department specialty.
Normal office conditions. Some assignments may be in labs with typical environmental hazards and concerns.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.