Job Ref: 26807
Talent Area: Other
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Gift Shop
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
Days and hours to be determine
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Responsible for ordering, receiving, stocking and inventory of specified merchandise as assigned. Assisting customers with merchandise and operating registers when needed. Answers telephone and assists customers with phone orders. Other duties as assigned by the Director.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Customer service area includes patients, guests and employees ranging from pediatric to geriatric.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs light dusting and straightening of merchandise
2. Assists in merchandise selection from vendors and catalog sales.
3. Checks in and prices merchandise in a timely manner. (EF)
4. Restocks merchandise as needed. (EF)
5. Displays merchandise in attractive and effective manner.
6. Operates registers as needed. (EF)
7. Close out cash registers. (EF)
8. Has a working knowledge of calculators, copiers, fax machine, computers and demonstrates attention to detail (EF)
9. Answers telephone and takes phone order in a courteous and helpful manner incorporating the ICARE values
10. Provides high quality customer service
11. Wraps gifts.
12. Delivers flowers and gifts.
13. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
14. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
15. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
16. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Two years of retail experience, preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Working knowledge of POS cash registers, calculators, fax, copier, basic computer skills
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.