Job Ref: 26980
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77521
Area/Department: PT/OT - IP
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
8- hour shifts
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implements treatment programs as established by supervising Physical Therapist.
2. Communicates patient`s performance and response to treatment to Physical Therapist.
3. Recommends modifications in treatment program and goals based on patient`s response to treatment.
4. Maintains timely and accurate patient records. 5. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding patient`s treatment and progress.
6. Ensure proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
7. Participate in individual and staff development.
8. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
9. Demonstrates Customer Service Standards.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Performs other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapist Assistant approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 1 year of experience. Will consider new grads who have demonstrated exceptional skill and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current Texas license as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Current AHA Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrates good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
2. Has specialized knowledge and skill in areas of acute care, orthopedics, wound care and /or aquatic treatments.
3. Demonstrates good computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work and Excel programs.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.