Job Ref: 26539
Talent Area: Maintenance/Construction
Houston Methodist The Woodlands
The Woodlands, TX 77385
Area/Department: Facilities-Central Plant
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist The Woodlands will be the eighth in the Houston Methodist system, offering The Woodlands community a full-service, acute care hospital with many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. The $380 million campus will feature a new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot facility.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, is scheduled to open in July 2017. Construction includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, which opened March 2016. The Medical Office Building 1 includes a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center & Infusion Center, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Wellness Services, Outpatient Laboratory and Therapy, in addition to multi-specialty physician practices.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
1. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
2. Focuses on patient/customer safety
3. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
4. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
5. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
6. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
SERVICE - 20%
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
FINANCE - 20%
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
1.Leads and directs staff.
2.Interviews and assesses candidates for positions and hires finalists.
3.Coaches staff and provides constructive criticism and feedback regarding the need for growth and improvement as-well-as reinforcement and recognition for strengths and accomplishments.
4.Conducts FMS staff meetings and provides regular communication; also exhibits a visible and approachable style such that staff feels comfortable in exchanging information and ideas.
5.Counsels staff and works to resolve employee relations problems.
6.Establishes standards, objectives and expectations consistent with departmental mission and HMTW values and ensures staff understands and complies with these.
7.Conducts annual performance evaluations and when necessary takes corrective action including discipline and discharge, in consultation with Director and Human Resources.
8. Provides orientation and opportunities for learning and growth. Provides for staff to attend appropriate training/educational opportunities and ensures that professional literature is available.
9. Maintains and enhances a professional body of knowledge. Reads, attends appropriate training/educational programs, benchmarks with professional colleagues and otherwise remains abreast of contemporary and best practices. Seeks to continually improve processes, systems and consequent services. Initiates and/or implements process improvement methods.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architectural Engineering or related field and 5 years of hospital management experience preferred. Applicable 7 -10 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree. Work requires the knowledge of business, general management and Engineering principles.
Minimum of five years related experience, with advanced knowledge of engineering and facilities management. Knowledge of healthcare operations strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
City of Houston 1st Grade Stationary Engineer License, or Licensure as Professional Engineer are preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.