Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist The Woodlands will be the eighth in the Houston Methodist system, offering The Woodlands community a full-service, acute care hospital with many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. The $380 million campus will feature a new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot facility.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, is scheduled to open in July 2017. Construction includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, which opened March 2016. The Medical Office Building 1 includes a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center & Infusion Center, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Wellness Services, Outpatient Laboratory and Therapy, in addition to multi-specialty physician practices.
The Manager of Environmental Services has 24 hour responsibility and accountability for the overall operation of the Environmental Services Department. Provides leadership and management to Environmental Services and Linen departments in the achievement of goals and objectives, with the highest degree of quality. Ensures department functions and operations are in accordance with all JCAHO, OSHA, TDH and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
- Provides liaison consultation to other services and disciplines.
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
SERVICE - 20%
- Directs the responsible care and use of supplies, equipment, facilities, etc. and maintains or improves the sensory appearance of all patient, public, and private areas, and performs regular inspections of these areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Demonstrates ServicePride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Develops and maintains procedure manuals according to standards established by accrediting and licensing policies.
- Coordinates on-going monitoring, assessment and improvement of quality of care and services provided by the department.
- Actively partners with the various hospital key management personnel and hospital Safety Officer to ensure a clean, orderly, safe and comfortable environment.
- Directs all activities involving control, compliance, and disposal of hazardous materials and is a member of the Hazardous Materials subcommittee of the EOC.
- Follows all safety rules on the job and promotes an environment of safety awareness in housekeeping. Proactively seeks ways to make a safer working environment.
FINANCE - 20%
- Manages financial and human resources to achieve quality, financial and budgetary goals.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Responsible for recruitment, selection and development of personnel. Evaluates personnel in performance of their duties, including merit reviews, counseling and disciplinary actions.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management, Hospital Administration, Environmental Studies, is required. Substantial experience may be considered in lieu of degree as appropriate.
A minimum of 5 years progressively more complex Environmental Services experience of which at least two have been in a managerial capacity. Hospital experience is preferred, but Hotel/Hospitality experience is acceptable. A knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA, and Infection Control guidelines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must possess strong leadership skills and willingness to work harmoniously within a team environment.
- Must be adept at leading professional and non-professional personnel.
- Good human relation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with people at different organizational levels both inside and outside the hospital.
- Must have well developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing Environmental Services practices.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Indoor work with minimal travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.