Work Shift: PRN
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist The Woodlands will be the eighth in the Houston Methodist system, offering The Woodlands community a full-service, acute care hospital with many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. The $380 million campus will feature a new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot facility.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, is scheduled to open in July 2017. Construction includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, which opened March 2016. The Medical Office Building 1 includes a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center & Infusion Center, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Wellness Services, Outpatient Laboratory and Therapy, in addition to multi-specialty physician practices.
Performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies under the direction of the Medical Director and in accordance with hospital guidelines. Responsible for coordinating patient flow, operating all systems for routine, specialty and research studies, supporting protocol development, and performing all duties related to scanning and image processing. Consistently follows proper patient screening/care protocols and provides accurate documentation associated with each exam while supporting expedited patient throughput and diagnosis.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement.
SERVICE - 20%
- Practices coordinating and scanning techniques in support of optimized patient throughput and diagnosis. Assures proper use of magnet time on a consistent basis.
- Will Assume "on call" responsibilities as needed to ensure that the department is adequately covered at all times.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Properly reviews patient medical information prior to imaging, assists in patient teachings while demonstrating empathy and monitors each patient to ensure quality patient care. Responsibly communicates information concerning patient exams to Radiologists and attending physicians.
- Familiar with and adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Attends 85% of departmental meetings, inservices and mandatory hospital meetings.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Consistently applies MR safety procedures in accordance with prescribed standards for any individual entering the magnetic field. Performs other duties as assigned.
FINANCE - 20%
- Ensures all documentation is complete and accurate, including that associated with patient billing.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Independently performs high quality diagnostic studies on all systems according to specified protocols for routine, specialty and research studies. Assists in developing and evaluating new technical procedures and products. Maintains integrity of sterile fields as required.
- Is responsible for orienting, training and monitoring new employees in all aspects of the equipment, MRI, Radiology and the hospital with a focus on safety and efficiency.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of PACS, computer systems and hospital information system.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. ¿Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School or GED. Graduate of an approved school of radiologic technology.
One year of MRI experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- ARRT certificate
- TDH license
- CPR American Heart Association (BLS)
- MRI Registry Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Should demonstrate a high level of maturity with demonstrated self-confidence and ability to make decisions.
- Must competently operate MR and accessory equipment of varying vendors and demonstrate ability to advance skills with software and hardware upgrades.
- Skill set must include identification of pathology with resultant change in imaging protocols as required.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Fixed and mobile MR environments.
- Scan rooms designed for routine, anesthesia, functional, cardiac, interventional.
- and research MRs as well as those associated with ultra-high field imaging.
- Exposure to blood and body fluids. Follows Infection Control procedure including. Universal Blood and Body Fluid Precautions. Hepatitis B vaccine offered.
- Overtime and flexible scheduling PRN patient volumes and unique situations.
- Follows department standard dress code.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.