Job Ref: 27151
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Varies
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Performs routine inventorying, stocking and issuing tasks. Receives, records, and rotates food items in freezer/refrigerator and storeroom. May assist in receiving of supplies from vendors. Maintains unit sanitation. Performs other duties as assigned. Must adhere to Food and Nutrition Se Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist Hospital ICARE Values and/or service image. Services standards of appearance and comply with the City of Houston food ordinance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts and stores perishable and non-perishable food items. Maintains organization of supplies and rotates stock as deliveries using a FIFO method.
2. Fills requisitions turned in from other Food and Nutrition Services areas using proper techniques to weigh, count and/or examine items to assure accuracy.
3. Assists department by protecting the security of Food Control and its inventory by keeping all doors locked and secure at all times according to department policy.
4. Inventories perishable and non-perishable stock and accurately records amounts.
5. Handles food supplies according to HACCP procedures to maintain product quality and prevent any detriment to food safety.
6. Maintains floors, walls, drains, windows, doors, equipment, refrigerators and freezers in a clean sanitary condition. Follows cleaning schedules.
7. Assists in receiving all incoming supplies, inspecting for damage and verifying quantities in a timely manner and according to established department procedures.
8. Being a team player, cooperating and assisting others. All items are stored on the shelves and less than 18 in from the ceiling.
9. Pulls inventory from storage as required for meal service
10. Be available to Serve and assist customers in the retail area.
11. Breaks-down boxes and transports trash to dumpster or recycling area.
High school diploma or GED equivalent desired.
Minimum one year stocking experience, food service desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Math skills should allow for counting of supplies and understanding simple fractions, etc.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.