Job Ref: 27207
Talent Area: Technical
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
The Perfusionist provides skilled operation of extracorporeal circulation equipment during any medical procedure that requires supporting or replacing a patient¿s cardiopulmonary/circulatory function as well as ensuring proper management of physiologic functions through appropriate skilled monitoring.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Communicates clinical information clearly and professionally as needed to physicians, operating room staff and nurses in ICU and acute care. Works well with others making contributions to the work effort as a whole. Facilitates problem resolution. (EF)
2. Demonstrates the ICARE values of the hospital and the Workgroup Commitment.
FINANCE - 15%
1. Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently. Maintains an organized and well-stocked work area. (EF)
2. Complies with the Business Practice Standards for performance.
1. Prepares, tests and operates the following equipment in accordance with standard perfusion practices to server patients: (EF)
¿ Extracorporeal Circulation (Heart Lung Machine)
Provisional License Required for New Perfusionist Graduates
Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenator (ECMO)
Provisional License Required for New Perfusionist Graduates
¿ Autologous Autotransfusion (Cell Saver)
¿ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
¿ Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD)
¿ Blood warmers and coolers
2. Performs operational tests on all equipment related to an open-heart procedure before use. (EF)
3. Completes all documentation related to open-heart procedures, including the Pre-Bypass Check List. (EF)
4. Assists with insertion of intra-aortic balloon pump catheters. Makes rounds on patients with intra-aortic balloons in place to assess operation of the device. Documents findings from all patient rounds. (EF)
5. Identifies and reports unsafe or malfunctioning equipment and unsafe operational practices to the Manager of Perfusion Services. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. (EF)
SERVICE - 10%
1. Assists with the transport of patients with ventricular assist devices for tests or procedures within the hospital. Documents patient transport activity. (EF)
2. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 5%
1. Maintains current knowledge of regulations, laws, and standards which apply to Perfusion; Stays abreast of current applications of technology through personal study, individual contact, and/or professional organizations. (EF)
2. Participates in clinical trials of new devices for circulatory support. (EF)
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
3 years Perfusionist experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Required Licenses: Licensed Perfusionist with current Texas license. Graduates of an accredited perfusion program have 180 days to obtain a Provisional License from the Texas Medical Board. Provisional licensed Perfusionists will practice under the supervision and direction of a licensed Perfusionist while performing perfusion.
Required Certificates: Certified Perfusionist. Graduates of an accredited perfusion program have one year to obtain certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Required Registrations: None
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
¿ Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with persons of varied backgrounds including physicians, administrators, nurses and technicians.
¿ Ability to demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability when performing the duties of the position as defined above.
¿ Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
¿ Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.