Job Ref: 27216
Talent Area: Professional
Houston, TX 77054
Area/Department: Supply Chain-Mgmt
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
This position is responsible for investigating products, technologies, services, or processes that will improve operational and clinical efficiency, increase the quality of patient care and reduce supply expenditures.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works closely with team members to develop effective professional relationships.
2. Facilitates a Value Analysis team with guidance, using project management and meeting management skills.
3. Responds in a timely manner and prioritizes work to meet the needs of the customer.
4. Utilizes skills in public speaking and presentation to provide updates to committees and end users.
5. Communicates changes in an effective manner.
1. Responds to internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner.
2. Listens to understand and seeks guidance as needed for conflict resolution.
3. Demonstrates desire to learn healthcare and focus on patient outcomes.
4. Prioritizes the needs of patients and visitors at all times and especially when present in the hospital environment.
1. Encourages standardization of products, processes, policies and protocols as supported by clinical evidence and data.
2. Supports the hospital and system quality intiatives through effective review and implementation of supporting products and services.
3. Facilitates a transparent and structured data collection process for formal evaluations.
4. Reports the results of a trial in a clear and unbiased manner to the value analysis committee and key stakeholders.
5. Monitors compliance of implemented projects.
1. Uses resources to evaluate spend and savings opportunities for specific products and services.
2. Conducts financial modeling with guidance. Considers: labor and nonlabor costs, reimbursement, incentives and share back opportunities, cost avoidance and quality outcomes.
3. Maintains a scorecard.
4. Facilitates compliance with Group Purchasing Organization and local contracts.
1. Assists with system savings/quality initiatives.
2. Maintains knowledge of the internal and external drivers for change in his or her specialty.
3. Seeks opportunities for personal growth and development.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors Degree required. Masters Preparation or clinical experience preferred.
None required. Experience in an academic health system preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.