Job Ref: 27243
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77520
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv-Alex
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY/EVENING - Shift includes 6a-2p or 11:30a-7:30p.
Work Week: Sunday - Saturday, Includes Weekends and Holidays.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and special cleaning as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values
2. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3. Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
5. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
6. Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
7. Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
8. Follows safety rules on the job.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
Ability to make sound judgments.
Customer focused service skills
See activity checklist
Extensive walking and standing. Some lifting of up to 50 lbs. Operates potentially hazardous equipment such as mixers, ovens, steamers, meat slicer, fryers, charbroilers and cleaning chemicals. Must comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.