Job Ref: 27281
Talent Area: RN - Med/Surg
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Area/Department: Nursing Unit-Surg 3rd Floor
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: 7a to 7p
Work Week: Shifts vary with a rotating weekend commitment required.
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
FT GN position on 3 Surgical 7a to 7p
SUMMARY: The GN is a graduate nurse, who as an entry level professional nurse demonstrates the ability to continuously progress in ability to care for increasingly complex patients. Professionals at this level function at the Novice to Advanced Beginner stages according to Benner`s model of clinical practice. The GN provides direct patient care and participates in unit initiatives and shared governance. The GN receives coaching from experienced Registered Nurses and benefits from their practice. Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital`s Pillars of Excellence: People (providing direction and plans, leading and managing people, ICARE values) Service (patient/customer satisfaction, interpersonal effectiveness) Quality and Safety (making judgments and decisions) Finance (driving for performance excellence) Innovation and Growth (leading improvement and innovation, role-specific expertise)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. LEADERSHIP a. Provides care to increasingly complex patients with support of more experienced staff. (Quality/Safety) b. Participates in unit projects focused on improvement in patient care and shared governance activities. (Growth/Innovation) c. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. (Finance) d. Contributes to meeting departmental financial target on unit-based scorecard. (Finance)
2. PATIENT/FAMILY-CENTERED CARE a. Plans and updates plan of care in partnership with the patient and family using the nursing process, incorporating the patient`s priorities and abilities. (Service) b. Provides patient teaching based on learning needs, uses appropriate resources, incorporating planning for care after discharge. (Service) c. Advocates on patient/family`s behalf to identify and help resolve clinical or ethical concerns. (Service) d. Contributes to meeting departmental target for patient satisfaction on unit-based scorecard. (Service)
3. CLINICAL JUDGEMENT/CRITICAL THINKING a. Follows the nursing process in providing care. (Quality/Safety) b. Plans for routine events and manages emergent situations in collaboration with the healthcare team. (Quality/Safety) c. Contributes to meeting departmental targets for quality and safety measures on unit-based scorecard. (Quality/Safety)
4. COMMUNICATION a. Communicates in an active, positive and effective manner to all health care team members and reports pertinent patient care and family data in a comprehensive and unbiased manner, listens and responds to the ideas of others. (People) b. Uses a structured format for regular communication with patients and families, such as hourly rounding. (Quality/Safety) c. Develops a therapeutic relationship with patients and families; communicates competence and confidence to patients and health care team. (Service)
5. TEAMWORK a. Manages usual patient assignment and other unit demands, completes patient care responsibilities in timely manner with accurate documentation. (Quality/Safety) b. Requests help when needed and accepts constructive feedback. (People) c. Supportive of change initiatives. Adapts to unexpected changes. (Growth/Innovation)
6. SAFETY a. Reports ¿near misses¿ as well as errors promptly and consistently to improve systems and processes and identify trends. (Quality/Safety) b. Stays focused on task at hand and plans care to limit distractions. (Quality/Safety) c. Implements unit and hospital initiatives to achieve National Patient Safety Goals. (Quality/Safety)
7. EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE/RESEARCH a. Participates in unit evidence-based practice or performance improvement projects. (Innovation/Growth) b. Identifies areas of practice that should be updated with current research. (Quality/Safety) c. Uses evidence-based practice to support care and has a strong understanding of designated core measures. (Quality/Safety)
8. STAFF EDUCATION a. Assesses own competence on continuous basis and identifies learning needs. (Growth/Innovation)b. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies. (Growth/Innovation)
9. PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS a. Maintains level of professional contributions as defined in Clinical Career Path program guide.
10. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
11. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing Bachelor`s degree required for new hires.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: N/ACERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Graduate nurse with current Texas temporary permit Basic Life Support (BLS). Other certifications as required by unit/service. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Blood-borne Pathogen training Required. WORKING : Office or Laboratory environment. Some refrigerated area work. Limited exposure to sub-zero conditions (freezers). Use of Personal Protective Equipment (lab coat, gloves, face shield) required during sample handling.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.