Job Ref: 27306
Talent Area: Imaging Services
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Cardio WB - Clinical Op
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Will be responsible for communicating with patients, staff members, physicians and other health care professionals within and outside side the clinic. Will perform echocardiographic procedures to include pharmacological and exercise stress test. Follows physicians¿ orders ¿ written or verbal. Reviews studies with physicians.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. Please include % breakout of tasks/essential functions.
1. Communicates effectively with patients of all ages, and family members, to contribute to the quality of the echocardiography procedure.
2. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
1. Will be proficient in ordering exams in the Cardiology Information System accurately without errors.
2. Will monitor supplies and equipment closely so not to over order supplies.
3. Monitor supplies and equipment for expiration dates and reports appropriately.
1. Complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
2. Participates in quality assurance and research protocols as directed by management and the Medical Director.
3. Monitors supplies to maintain par levels and reports and or orders supplies as needed to maintain par levels. Keeps Ultrasound department adequately stocked.
4. Echocardiographer will be confident enough in his/her ability to report findings to Cardiologists, if Cardiologist is not on campus.
5. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
1. Performs echocardiographic procedures, including pharmacologic and exercise stress that ensure high quality lab-based and portable studies.
2. Correlates clinical history with test to be performed. Refers to physician orders and patient's previous history for decision of appropriateness or the echocardiographic procedures.
3. Properly labels all records and prepares charts for reading and interpretation. Capable of interpreting study but does not give an official reading. Reviews studies with interpreting physician.
1. Assists in training of new staff sonographers.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Successful completion of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI
Minimum three (3)year experience required - Two (2) years in adult echocardiographic exams at an accredited facility. Registry eligible, must be registered within six months of employment in adult echocardiography.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Required Licenses: Registered with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as RDCS or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) as RCS. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Required Certificates: Must maintain CME requirements for the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge and skill in adult echocardiography to include, but not limited to, complete two-dimensional, M-Mode and Doppler (Color, Pulsed and Continuous Wave), and Stress Echo (Exercise and Pharmacologic).
Basic computer skills, understanding and knowledge of complete interpretation of exams.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Normal to fast paced clinical laboratory conditions. Physical requirements include transporting patients from wheelchair to stretcher and movement of portable machine. Uniform requirements include HMH scrub suit in department-specified color and HMH identification badge
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.