Job Ref: 27309
Talent Area: IT/Telecommunications
Houston, TX 77005
Area/Department: IT - Web App Development
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar.
10 years developing in the .NET platform
10 years of experience developing N-Tier applications.
10 years developing applications using WebForms
5 years developing applications using ASP.NET MVC
10 years with database systems such as SQL Server and Oracle
10 years using Service Oriented Architecture such as WCF and REST services
Healthcare industry experience a plus.
Experience in projects that use Agile methodologies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
MCSD certification highly desired
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results under limited supervision.
· Ability to effectively participate in multiple, competing, high-priority projects with varying deadlines.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
· Ability to think analytically with strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
· Ability to interact effectively with individuals from different countries and cultures, with a sensitivity to cultural diversity.
· Ability to organize workload for effective implementation of multiple concurrent projects.
· Motivated self starter with initiative.
· Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
· Experience with software modeling tools like MS Visio a plus
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.