Job Ref: 27334
Talent Area: Respiratory
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Houston, TX 77070
Area/Department: Respiratory Care Serv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: 7p-7aWork Week
PRN - minimum commitment requires at least 3 shifts per month, including one weekend shift.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides all aspects of Respiratory Care to patients in assigned areas according to hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform routine Respiratory Care in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures including:
a. Administer and monitor treatment modalities
b. Prepare, administer, and monitor medication delivery
c. Administer gas therapy
d. Assess each patient`s cardiopulmonary status
2. Accurately document all patient care and respiratory related activities in Clinivision and adhere to other hospital documentation requirements.
3. Performs Advanced Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with established Departmental policies and procedures including:
a. Implements, monitors, and evaluates ventilatory support
b. Evaluates patients and recommends therapeutic interventions
c. Completes specific training on new procedures with documented proficiency
d. Assists with the development , implementation, and data management of protocols
e. Serves as a member of the departmental assessment team
4. Advances clinical knowledge as demonstrated by participation in optional education opportunities and attends all required in-services.
5. Serves as relief charge therapist and maintains required training on charge duties including management meetings.
6. Maintains special functions of RCP as defined by the department including:
a. Teaching in-services and classes
b. Bedside Bronchoscopy
c. Pulmonary Function Testing
d. Preceptor and Orientation of new employees
e. Quality Assurance activities
7. Maintains professionalism as demonstrated by:
a. Adherence to the Time and Attendance Policy
b. Adherence to the departmental dress code
c. Maintenance of current licensure and BLS requirements
d. Active membership in professional organizations related to Respiratory Care
8. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
9. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards (Smile and make eye contact; greet each patient and visitor; seek out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honor diversity; thanks every customer).
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Must be a graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Respiratory Care program or it`s equivalent
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have prior experience working with neonatal and critical care patients
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Registration (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care is required. Must also have current certification from the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner, as well as current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) from The American Heart Association.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.