Job Ref: 27335
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: PT/OT - SNF
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: varied
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Assists professional staff in a variety of delegated tasks consisting of therapeutic activities related to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Therapeutic Recreation; also, participation in departmental maintenance activities and basic operational functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Gathers pertinent information prior to patient`s treatment session.
2. Assists professional staff with patient treatment including lifting, supporting and moving patients.
3. Obtains equipment, materials and supplies from appropriate areas.
4. Prepares work areas and equipment for treatment.
5. Performs routine departmental maintenancetasks and maintains log of activities.
6. Accepts responsibility for timeliness and teamwork for successful treatment.
7. Communicates effectively with professional staff regarding patient`s response to treatment.
8. Demonstrates comptentency and skill with basic treatment interventions.
9. Maintains the work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
10. Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors and the health care team.
11. Contributes to departmental and program activities
12. Assists in clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks as requested.
13. Successfully completes all annual requirements for continued employment.
14. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement and ServicePride standards.
15. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. 16. Performs other job-related duties as requested.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Patient care experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Must complete PT/OT Technician competency assessment within first month of employment.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.