Job Ref: 27337
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: varied
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Physical Therapist who demonstrates the ability: To effectively evaluate patients referred for Physical Therapy. To develop and implement effective, efficient Physical Therapy treatment programs: To manage a case load of a variety of diagnoses. To work a flexible schedule to assist the department in providing consistent provision of Physical Therapy, weekends and holidays, as well as during periods of high census.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, develops effective treatment plans, and adheres to patient care and documentation timelines and guidelines per Department Policy and Procedure.
2. Provides safe, functionally relevant, and effective treatment interventions.
3. Plays an active role in the discharge planning process (D/C Rounds, Team Conferences, equipment recommendation/ordering, consulting with Care Manager, etc.).
4. Supervises the clinical aspects of care delegated to technical and supportive personnel
5. Strives to achieve high level of customer satisfaction (patients, physicians, co-workers, visitors, etc.)
6. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.).
7. Works efficiently and effectively to achieve Department standard for productivity. Seeks work. Demonstrates the ability to manage a diverse load of patient diagnoses.
8. Successfully completes all annual requirements on time for continued employment. a. State Professional Licensure b. Job Skills comptentency Assessment c. Age-specific comptentency Assessment d. CPR Certification e. Mandatory Safety Tests
9. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement and ServicePride standards.
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
11. Performs other job-related duties as requested.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 1 year`s experience. Will consider new graduates with exceptional clinical affiliation experience and references.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current licensure with the Texas Executive Council of PT Examiners Current Certificate in Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Strong interpersonal skills; must complete PT/OT Competency Assessment upon hire and on annual basis.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.