Job Ref: 27376
Talent Area: Administrative/Clerical
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Human Resources-MPO
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
SUMMARY Performs routine secretarial duties. Screens telephone call and receives and directs visitors; and may resolve routine inquiries. May schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements. May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings. Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent. Assists in the routine departmental activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers telephones, troubleshoots and direct calls to the appropriate person in a professional manner.
2. Greets patients, vendors, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for escort services, as appropriate.
3. Files, faxes, photocopies, mails and maintains department filing system.
4. Operates a switchboard or telephone console to route incoming calls andplace outgoing local and long distance calls.
5. Trains relief receptionist/operators.
6. May perform routine duties associated with a specific departments core functions/services.
7. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information s needed. 9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS At least 1 year of previous secretarial experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED This may include such things as foreign language skills, competency checklists, knowledge of specialty practices, ability to manages multiple projects. These must clearly relate to the essential functions of the job.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.