Job Ref: 27567
Talent Area: Nursing Asst. / Medical Asst.
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: Nursing Unit-Main 6W
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
Work week will vary
Will work some weekends and holidays
Schedule to be determined by the department
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
SUMMARY: To assist in the delivery of patient care and services and/or secretarial duties to defined patient groups and their families under direction of the RN, Manager, Director and Administrator on Call.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides care, including treatments and procedures, to patients assigned within unit specific defined limits.
2. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the licensed nurse.
3. Records care administered according to established procedures.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital systems to include clinical equipment and serves as a resource to physicians, patients, visitors, and staff.
5. Maintains and accurately processes and updates unit and patient records, e.g., transcription of physician orders, discharge disposition codes, computer data entries, medical records, identification labels, patients` valuable, etc. Ensures confidentiality.
6. Coordinates scheduling of tests with the healthcare team and other departments to achieve cost-effective and positive patient outcomes.
7. Inventories, monitors and orders supplies to maintain par levels.
8. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
9. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals, and other resource information.
10. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
11. Participates as team player.
12. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE Values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
13. Demonstrates ServicePride standards (smiles and makes eye contact: greets each patient and visitor: seeks out patient and visitor contact: displays appropriate body language at all times: takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor: honors diversity: thanks every customer).
14. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communications with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have at least 6 months of previous experience as a PCA and/or successful completion of Nursing Assistant program (certification as CNA) and/or completion of Clinical rotation within an accredited Nursing program in addition to at least 1 year of unit secretary experience or secretarial/office experience in a medical office that includes computer applications. Medical terminology preferred. CPR required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Required.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Required.WORKING : Patient Care Units: Walking, standing, pushing, lifting (50 pounds minimum) is required. Universal precautions required. Significant potential exposure to latex.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.