Job Ref: 27657
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Part-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Assigned to work in the Kitchen dish room as well as the patient tray line and retail areas as needed. Performs duties related to dishwashing and sanitation of all equipment. Performs general cleaning throughout the kitchen as assigned. Must be able to adapt to fast pace environment.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Not involved in direct patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values.
2) Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3) Works various stations during the dishwashing operation (unloads food trucks, sorts, rinses, racks the tray components, loads and unloads the dish machine).
4) Washes and sanitizes the equipment, floor and walls in the Dish room and adjoining areas in the Kitchen area.
5) Follows correct procedures in cleaning of equipment and sanitation throughout the Kitchen area. Cleans carts, equipment, walls, and sweeps and mops floors and does special cleaning as assigned.
6) Assembles trays for patients on the Patient Trayline as needed.
7) Transports food carts and supplies to and from the Kitchen.
8) Complies with standards of all regulatory agencies.
9) Performs other duties as assigned.
10) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
High school graduate or GED preferred or one year food service experience.
One year food service or housekeeping experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.