Job Ref: 27707
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77521
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv - Garth
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY/EVENING - Shifts will vary, includes: 5:30a-2p; 6a-2:30p; 9a-5:30p; 11a-7:30p; and 12p-8p.
Work Week: Sunday - Saturday. Includes weekends and holidays.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Assist in the overall operation of food & nutrition services as lead staff member. Responsible for service, food ordering, food handling, sanitation, safety, employee training, and customer relations.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values.
2) Communicates and exemplifies team work will with all staff members and the management team.
3) Communicates appropriately and professionally with peers and management.
4) Assists Executive Chef, Clinical Nutrition Manager and Director in the overall operations of food services as directed.
5) Assists with inventory and ordering. Receives and checks in all food and supplies according to procedure. Signs invoices.
6) Contacts Facilities for maintenance issues.
7) Conducts safety and sanitation inspections to meet all standards of the hospital and regulatory agencies.
8) Maintains high standards of service to meet customer needs. Resolves customer issues that result in positive outcomes. Greets customers and is available during peak times.
9) Expedites patients¿ trays during peak times and continues to have a strong working knowledge of all the functions on the tray line.
10) Ability to perform all jobs duties in the kitchen (ie; Retail and Tray Line) due staffing issues, to include employee illness, PTO, and terminations.
11) Ability to multitask in all areas of the kitchen; ie - working a station and leading other staff members during scheduled shifts.
12) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13) Must comply with City of Houston Food Ordinances.
14) Performs other job related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent.
3 years experience within a food service setting is required. 1 year supervisory or lead level experience in a food service operation preferred. Cashier experience preferred. Capable of using simple math and operating a 10-key calculator.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Physically able to sit/stand for 8 hour shifts. Operates potentially hazardous equipment. Must adhere with the Food and Nutrition Services' Standards of Appearance and comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.