Job Ref: 27753
Talent Area: IT/Telecommunications
Houston, TX 77054
Area/Department: EPIC-Clinc Doc/LTAC/Stork/ASAP
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
The Sr. Application Analyst performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers and junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems. The Sr. Application Analyst trains and mentors junior colleagues. The Sr. Application Analyst works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies. The Sr. Application Analyst takes the lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems within related IT teams and manage change. The Sr. Application Analyst is tasked with high level administration of applications and ensures quality delivery of application availability. The Sr. Application Analyst is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department. The Sr Application Analyst assists with budgeting and project management. The Application Analyst III applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Acts as liaison between work teams and departments.
2. Initiates and maintains positive relationships with key customers and co-workers.
3. Facilitates team and client meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
4. Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
5. Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles and facilitate IT and Business initiatives across departments.
6. Trains and mentors other team members through both formal and informal methods.
1. Utilizes Project Management Methodology as defined by the Houston Methodist IT PMO and applies them consistently
2. Facilitate working group sessions with the Clinical Departments to identify and drive requirements to improve Business Processes.
3. Sets customer expectations, prioritizes tasks, and delivers solutions on time.
4. Assists with managing customer expectations and deliverables.
5. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships and effectively manages client expectations effectively.
1. Leads and monitors multiple large scale projects within multiple functional departments.
2. Communicates project progress, results and recommendations through meetings, phone calls, presentations and written reports.
3. Proactively communicates potential project and implementaton issues , plans for resolution, and produces status updates to all stakeholders including , departments to customers and Management.
4. Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues
5. Establishes project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
1. Coordinates and provides problem resolution, technical analyses, costs and resource estimates, work plans, workflow documentation, and progress reports on assigned projects.
2. Applies project management methodology standards to communicate and successfully accomplish assigned projects within budget guidelines.
3. Assists in budgetary planning
Ensures the creation and completion of project deadlines and schedules
1. Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
2. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
3. Ensures the creation and completion of project deadlines and schedules
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
7+ years of experience in Healthcare with IT Experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor¿s degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Expert ability and skill to troubleshoot system problems and to engineer expert solutions with IT customers and vendors.
Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare applications or clinical workflow
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodologies and ability to apply them to large scale system implementation
Ability to lead, manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical and business information systems.
Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.