Job Ref: 27846
Talent Area: Food Service
Houston Methodist St. Catherine
Katy, TX 77450
Area/Department: Food&Nutr Serv
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYS, to include weekends and holidaysWork Week
Monday-Friday and every other weekend. Hours vary: 6am-2:30pm or 9:00am-5:30pm.
Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital is the first specialty hospital in the Houston Methodist family. Located in the heart of the Katy community, the facility provides a special menu of services for both inpatient and outpatient care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
SUMMARY: Responsible for the preparation and cooking of entrees, side dishes and other specialty products using the recipe collection provided. Prepares specialty dishes for catered events including physician dinners, employee recognition ceremonies, and other big profile events. Must maintain adequate production to support the needs of the patients, café, catering functions, and doctor`s lounge. Reviews and maintains production records and cooling charts according to HACCPS guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cook food products for patients, café, catering functions, and doctor`s lounge. Maintain high quality, proper temperatures and garnish all plates.
2. Coordinates with the Production Chef and Food Service Coordinators to ensure scheduled meal preparation and/or meal delivery.
3. Follow HACCP program to include but not inclusive of: proper storage; cross contamination; proper food storage, thawing, cooking, cooling, reheating temps; wrapping, labeling & date marking; documentation of food temps and cooler/freezer temps.
4. Maintaining sanitation in work area. Cleaning immediate work area as you go and cleaning large equipment per posted cleaning schedule.
5. May assist in ordering and receiving of food deliveries.
6. Attend daily production meetings.
7. When preparing food for patients (cooking for trayline), must have knowledge of dietary restrictions.
8. Prepare food in timely manner.
9. Demonstrates proper portion and cost control.
10. Demonstrates I CARE Values.
11. Follows safety rules on the job.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED equivalent /or 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 1 year of experience in restaurant, food services, health care or hotel setting.
Experience with recipe conversion is highly preferred.
Must have demonstrated ability to be creative with recipes, be able to multi-task and work under limited supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Food Safety Certification Preferred
WORKING : Patient care unit conditions
Universal precautions required
Lifting, pushing or pulling required (minimum 50 lbs.)
Extended periods of walking and standing required
Significant potential for exposure to Latex.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.