Job Ref: 27851
Talent Area: Courier/Transporter/Operations
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77520
Area/Department: Supply Chain Mgmt
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Work Week: M - F; and some weekends as needed
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Position requires operation of standard cargo van or utility-type delivery vehicle. Responsible for pickup of Hospital Mail from the US Post Office, Delivery of Interdepartmental Mail between campus Mail Rooms. Responsible for Transporting Medical Records, Lab Specimens and small parcels to all San Jacinto Methodist Hospital facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining and operating the Methodist Hospital System vehicles in accordance with all pertinent local, state and federal laws. EF
- Follows and maintains scheduled delivery routes. EF
- Completes additional, unscheduled runs as assigned. EF
- Verifies pertinent transactions through use of documentation or electronic notification. EF
- Accurately logs all runs following completion and for future reference. EF
- Performs daily checks on assigned equipment, maintains vehicle cleanliness and reports deficiencies to Transportation Team Leader immediately. EF
- Verifies manifest with responsible individual at point of delivery. EF
- Maintains Certificate for Transporting Hazardous Materials. EF
- Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. EF
- Maintains confidentiality of materials and documents. EF
- Customer Service – Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement. EF
- Demonstrates Service Pride standards. EF
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Two years of commercial driving experience required.
Relative work history in local courier operation preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Must possess a valid Texas Class "C" Driver’s License, with no moving violations within the past three years.
Transportation of Hazardous Materials
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Above average oral and written communication skills, demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with management, clients and co-workers.
Must be able to safely operate manual equipment such as dollies, pallet jacks or mechanized lifts.
Position requires that driver spends most time in vehicles with alternate time spent loading and unloading freight. Frequent exposure to dust, fumes and changes in climate as it relates to local weather conditions or designate points of delivery.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.