Job Ref: 27943
Talent Area: PT/OT
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Varies
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
SUMMARY: Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as ordered by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant and coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, and develops effective treatment plans.
2. Implements safe, functionally relevant, and effective treatment interventions.
3. Completes all patient documentation and enters charges for services provided.
4. Supervises the clinical aspects of care delegated to technical and supportive personnel.
5. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.)
6. Works efficiently and effectively to achieve Department standard for productivity.
7. Participate in individual and staff development and expansion of services.
8. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
9. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Perform other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Have a minimum of 1 year experience but would consider a new grad who have demonstrated exceptional skills and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Current licensure with the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Current CPR Certification
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A WORKING : Work is performed indoors in an office and educational laboratory setting. ¿
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.