Job Ref: 27957
Talent Area: Administrative/Clerical
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Anesthesia Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Provides receptionist and secretarial support to the department .Perform secretarial duties that require considerable experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and practices. Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports etc. Screen telephone calls, receive and direct visitors, resolve routine inquiries. Assist department in creation of presentation materials as needed. Deliver documents to other departments for signature and arrange pickup. Prepare expense reports, enter requisitions and vouchers into MARS ordering system.. Operate a personal computer and appropriate software. Assist in routine departmental activities.
1. Screen telephone calls, receive and direct visitors, resolve routine inquiries.
2. Deliver documents to other departments for signature and arrange pickup.
3. Answers telephones, troubleshoots, and direct calls to the appropriate person in a professional manner.
4. Files, faxes, photocopies, mails and maintains department filing system.
5. Types various correspondence, including letters, memos, and various other department communications.
6. Assists with delivery and retrieval of records, as needed, throughout the Hospital.
7. May perform routine duties associated with specific department core functions/services
8. Assists with all Department changes to schedule
1. Prepare expense reports, enter requisitions and vouchers into MARS ordering system.
2. Orders department supplies assure adequate stock, avoiding excessive purchases
3. Processes incoming invoices, verifying charges and expenses
4. Timely faxing of clinical to payer
5. Accurate reporting/logging of denials to appropriate party
1. Demonstrates the ICARE values in the course of carrying out responsibilities
2. Follow all safety rules while on the job.
3. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards
1. Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements.
2. Assist department in creation of presentation/projects as needed.
3. Covers front desk if needed
1. Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports etc.
2. Monitors processes and work flow across department and recommends changes to improve efficiency/quality.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Bachelor¿s degree in a life science subject a plus.
Two years of secretarial experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to manage multiple projects, good customer service and communications skills, attention to detail.
Proficient with computer
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.