Job Ref: 27988
Talent Area: Housekeeping
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: Sugar Land III MOB
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M - F
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
This position exists to provide supervision for housekeeping staff under the direction of the department manager. The incumbent is responsible for task delegation and monitoring of housekeeping operations within assigned areas in an effort to ensure that the service quality meets established department standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follows established methods to identify and respond to customer needs as it relates to the quality of service in assigned areas. Generally includes regular inspections of public areas, restrooms, hallways, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells and offices.
2. Ensures that all chemicals are properly labeled and stored. Ensures that equipment is properly maintained and stored.
3. Submits orders for equipment and supplies according to department guidelines, and educates staff about the proper usage.
4. Provides regular in-service training to keep staff informed about changes to equipment/supply use and process changes.
5. attends to daily support of staff for guidance in handling difficult and/or unique housekeeping needs.
6. Provides frequent reminders about techniques and quality expectations. Provides scheduling and staff assignment recommendations to management for approval.
7. Manages coverage for unanticipated absences. Coordinates work to allow staff participation in hospital/department sponsored activities.
8. Participates in selection and hiring process for assigned areas.
9. Assesses work performance, provides constructive feedback and training to close performance gaps, and documents performance/conduct discussions in alignment with policy guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned. Demonstrates the componets of I CARE values statement.
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Promptly responds to and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS A minimum of 3 years experience in progressively responsible housekeeping services roles with at least 6 months of supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Identify any special competencies needed to be successful in this job. This may include such things as foreign language skills, competency checklists, knowledge of specialty practices, ability to manages multiple projects. These must clearly relate to the essential functions of the job.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.