Job Ref: 28008
Talent Area: Administrative/Clerical
Houston Methodist St. Catherine
Katy, TX 77450
Area/Department: Corp Rev Cycle-SBO
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital is the first specialty hospital in the Houston Methodist family. Located in the heart of the Katy community, the facility provides a special menu of services for both inpatient and outpatient care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
1. Accept incoming ph1 calls without hesitation with the intent to resolve the patient`s concern immediately.
2. Follow approved scripts as prescribed by Customer Service Manager. No deviations from the scripts are acceptable unless justified.
3. Follow levels of authority for posting adjustments, refunds, and contractual allowances.
4. Understand HIS or Meditech. Understanding includes the ADT and PA systems (i.e., admission, discharge, transfer, insurance, insurance verification, insurance receivables, Self-pay receivables, etc., from a technical perspective).
5. Understands the Revenue Cycle (from a tactical perspective).
6. Understands payor systems (Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Indemnity, etc.). This includes the ability to fully understand Explanations of Benefits (EOB) and is able to communicate to the patient all financial elements contained on the EOB.
7. Possess analytical skills required to bring the account for resolution. This includes analyzing the data elements (clinical and financial) within the host system to determine the current state of the account. Also, the account memo`s are to be read with an intent to understand prior actions taken on the account and to ascertain the next best action to take the account to resolution status.
8. Ability to document accounts in a brief and concise manner, indicating resolution or steps needed for resolution. Documented memo`s should be fully understood by the next person who reviews the account.
9. Meet weekly productivity standards.
10. Meet quality standards based on call review and feedback as provided by the Customer Service Manager.
11. Works effectively to ensure resolution of customer concerns. This includes incorporating feedback and instruction/training into daily routines on an immediate basis.
12. Utilize technology in an effective manner to ensure resolution of customer concerns. This includes, but not limited to: Workable knowledge of host system; HPF; Claims administrator; RWS; Ejobtracking; Vendor Placement Methodology.
13. Compliance with the Career path for Qualified and Compe10t technical and behavioral competencies.
14. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
15. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
16. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
High School Diploma required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
Minimum of 3 - 5 years prior health care experience in lieu of College Degree acceptable.
Minimum of 2 - 3 years Team Lead or supervisory experience required.
Must have applicable experience in Patient Access Services, Patient Accounting, and The Revenue Cycle. Prior health care experience (minimum 2 years in lieu of College Degree.)
Meditech Client Server or HBOC Healthquest (McKesson) experience (1-2 years). Acceptable experience is Patient Access Service and/or Patient Accounting, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong customer service and analytical skills required.
2. Strong organizational skills.
3. Strong PC skills, specifically proficient with MicroSoft Office Suite.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.