Job Ref: 28031
Talent Area: Housekeeping
Houston Methodist Hospital
Houston, TX 77030
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: EVENINGS
Work Week: Varies
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Under the direct supervision of the shift managers, this position will perform according to established procedures a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the hospital and adjoining buildings in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas and department areas in a clean neat and sanitary manner.
2. Maintains all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas, department areas, clinic areas and corridors with the correct routine or preventative maintenance procedures as outlined in department policy or as requested.
3. Maintains responsibility for attendance and punctuality.
4. Will complete all work in a timely fashion, and according to high quality standards.
5. Will maintain professional conduct at all times.
6. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to hospital and departmental annual training commitments.
7. Inspects own work and utilizes cleaning techniques/procedures as outlined in floor maintenance program.
8. Will be efficient and safe in the use of housekeeping equipment and solutions as observed by Manager.
9. Utilizes electrical motorized floor equipment for routine maintenance of resilient floors and carpets.
10. Will execute cleaning strategy as directed by leadership.
11. May function as an assistant in special floor care projects, and may function as a project leader for specific assignments.
12. Will provide routine cleaning maintenance of all equipment used.
13. Expected to report all faulty equipment promptly.
14. Will assist in waste removal as assigned.
15. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
16. Will use appropriate ICARE customer service behaviors at all times.
17. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including project floor care procedures. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position does not require grade school graduation or equivalent in academic attainment, but it is preferred. Employee must be functionally literate with the English language.
This position requires grade school graduation or equivalent in academic attainment, and verbal functionality in the English language.
No previous experience but does require 4 days of thorough on-the-job training. Skills will be assessed to determine ability to caring-on independently.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Membership in any Housekeeping Association will be viewed as a hiring advantage. The employer as deemed necessary will offer all other certifications on-the-job.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1.The position requires an annual skill assessment and re-certification for hospital procedure cleaning.
2. All assessment tools are executed and documented within the department.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.