Job Ref: 28089
Talent Area: Courier/Transporter/Operations
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Area/Department: Patient Transportation
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: PRN (As Needed)
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
SUMMARY: The Transporter performs duties that support the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality patient care. The transporter will also be responsible for assisting with routine patient care assignments procedures under the direction of the Imaging Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates working knowledge of stretchers, wheelchairs, IV`s, and beds as they relate to safety measures.
2. Demonstrates a working knowledge of isolation, infection control and safety procedures.
3. Trains and orientates new transporters.
4. Cleans and cares for stretchers and beds following patient use.
5. Transports patients to and from the department in a safe and timely manner. Coordinates effectively.
6. Communicates to both Nursing and Imaging/Express departments as to any delays.
7. Demonstrates ICARE values.
8. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
9. attends departmental and mandatory hospital meetings.
10. Performs other work as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 1 year of transportation or nursing aid experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.