Job Ref: 28098
Talent Area: Research - Clinical
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Houston, TX 77030
Area/Department: Cancer Lab
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full-Time
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAYWork Week
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs Laboratory Research Plans, directs and coordinates laboratory research projects (Medium to high complexity). Determines specific goals objectives to be attained Assigns and reviews work of research project staff Oversees team of Research Assistants, Post Docs 1-3, and participants from other TMHRI labs Establishes and maintains quality control of project operations.
2. Grant Writing and Publications Plans research (Medium to high complexity) Analyses data (Medium to high complexity) Reviews scientific literature.
3. General Laboratory Duties Defines problems and possible solutions Adheres to internal controls established for Department
4. Safety and Regulatory Compliance Writes and maintains regulatory and safety committee applications/protocols Adheres to and assists with customizing of TMH & TMHRI Safety Procedures for Laboratory.
5. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
6. Follows safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects safety hazards. Compiles all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Master of Science (MS) with 10+ yrs experience
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Terminal Degree with 5plus yrs experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
3. Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
4. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
5. Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
6. Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.