Job Ref: 28160
Talent Area: Other
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
Baytown, TX 77520
Area/Department: Supply Chain Mgmt
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: PRN
Organization: Houston Methodist
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F; As Needed
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
This position is responsible for receiving, distribution, maintaining Stat Stores Inventory and PAR Supply Areas in accordance with departmental procedures, and practicing basic maintenance of the PAR Excellence operating system.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Limited Patient Contact
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates knowledge of Supply Chain Management regarding transfers and issues from Methodist inventories and/or Vendors to clinical area. Reports shortages to the Supplier or Buyer. EF
2. Demonstrates an understanding of the Material Management Information System. EF
3. Responsible for understanding and performing the assigned processes related to the maintenance of the PAR Excellence operating system in accordance with departmental procedures. EF
4. Responsible for receiving and the distribution of stock and non-stock orders to the ordering departments. EF
5. Responsible for inventory transactions and stock levels in Stat Stores Inventory including Cycle Counting and semi-annual physical inventory. EF
6. Responsible for stocking and maintaining adequate stock levels in Supply Chain PAR locations. EF
7. Responsible for the cleanliness and order of Supply Chain PAR locations.
8. Physically audits the Stat Stores inventory and the Supply Chain PAR locations for expired products as assigned. EF
9. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
10. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School graduate, GED or equivalent.
Some College preferred
Two years inventory and warehouse experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Good Computer Skills required.
Knowledge of MS Office Suite is required.
Medical terminology preferred.
Must be able to multitask and be goal oriented.
Ability to read and understand the MSDS Sheets.
See attached Activity Checklist
Indoor environment for Inventory PAR locations and offices.
Loading Dock environment – slippery when humid or raining.
Heavy lifting is part of this job.
Some Overtime/Weekends required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.