3D Advance Imaging Visualization Specialist-Medical Center
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 2, 2023
The 3D Advanced Image Visualization Specialist is responsible driving innovative and clinically relevant MRI or CT techniques from concept to prototype and final clinical applications. In addition, this position serves as the liaison and primary point of contact between management, staff, and physicians for routine matters; answering questions and resolving issues for the Technologist team members to ensure the delivery of exceptional patient care and adherence to practice standards. This position ensures optimal patient safety, quality outcomes, and customer service; develops and implements quality improvement activities; trains, mentors and develops staff providing feedback on staff performance and/or development needs. Directing and participating in special projects; collect, analyze, and report on data and metrics.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20 %
- Promotes a positive work environment and leads the team to be a dynamic and focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. Role models effective communication skills to team members, assisting in their development of such skills. (EF)
- Serves as the primary resource for staff in all areas of service that the department performs. Interfacing with department staff to provide feedback to management on team member’s performance and conduct. Collaborates and supports management for improvement of employee satisfaction, implementation of protocols and objectives with team members to result in optimization of staff performance, teamwork, patient safety, and customer service. (EF)
SERVICE - 30 %
- Performs, analyzes, and monitors diagnostic imaging studies for accuracy, safety, and efficiency. (EF)
- Performs diagnostic procedures to include common and special exams. Complete exams using x-ray images and computer processing to generate pictures of tissue densities through the patient's body. (EF)
- Analyze anatomical, volumetric, and physiological data of advanced imaging data sets including cardiac, structural heart, advanced musculoskeletal, angiography, and neuro. (EF)
- Assists with educational support and development for staff and physicians with department processes, protocols, and equipment issues; provides advanced imaging training and support for staff and physicians. (EF)
- Performs multimodality 3D and advanced visualization and image reconstruction analysis for image post processing of the 3D Lab in a timely manner. (EF)
- Documents patient charge data, modifying and initiating charges as procedure modifications are made per the radiologist. Assists in multimodality image procurement workflows and development of image transportation pipelines with vendors for image post processing. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30 %
- Provides advanced physics training and competency in performing image quality analysis and review. (EF)
- Ensures quality techniques, procedures, and compliance documentation or image data sets are accurate to provide daily reports to physician and physicist teams; oversees clinical and research imaging studies. (EF)
- Provides advance level of protocol design, development, and enhancements and performs advanced data collection, including record keeping and data transfer. (EF)
- Assists in establishing QC/QA protocols as required. (EF)
- Ensures extensive data management, to include PACs, (Picture Archiving and Communication Systems) EPIC, and advanced processing software, involving match programming and advanced protocol manipulation. (EF)
FINANCE - 10 %
- Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures; participates in the budgeting process for capital and minor equipment. (EF)
- Independently manages time effectively and prioritize daily tasks and provides leadership to team members on effective and efficient utilization of time. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives for the purpose of developing new resources, training materials, and analytics applications. (EF)
- Fosters a positive and constructive teaching environment by engaging students and co-workers in learning opportunities that are valuable and in alignment with business objectives. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certificates, Licenses and Registrations section.
o Bachelor’s degree in a Science related field is preferred.
o Six years’ experience in medical imaging as a radiologic technologist with specialty training and experience in an advanced modality (Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Ultrasound Imaging), with 3 years in advanced Cardiac Computed Tomography and/or processing OR 5 years in advanced Musculoskeletal Imaging and/or processing.
o May consider HM employee with five years’ experience in an advanced modality with proven technical ability.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification.
o Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist through the Texas Medical board.
o American Heart Association - BLS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Ability to work independently; capable of handling challenging / difficult diagnostic procedures and patient care situations; demonstrates sound judgment and executes above average clinical skills.
o Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
o Exhibits strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers
o Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing workflow, and actively participating in problem solving.
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional No
Other (dept approved) Yes
On-Call* Yes, on a regular basis (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (i.e. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within Yes
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside Yes
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers, Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group employs over 800 physicians at more than 150 locations across Houston. Our specialists are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. The combination of clinical service, research and academics ensure patients have access to the latest treatments and technologies while providing the best comprehensive patient care.
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducting nursing assessments, assisting …
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Sr Polysomnographic Technologist position is an experienced and fully competent Polysomnographic Technologist who works under the general supervision of clinical/medical director or designee to provide for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This position performs advanced duties including the scoring of sleep studies and …
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II Department Premium position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II Department Premium position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, …