Accounts Payable Specialist - Work from home
6670 Bertner Ave
Houston, TX 77030
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Academic Institute
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- Aug. 24, 2023
At Houston Methodist, the Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist position is responsible for performing tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This includes entering invoices into the AP system, reviewing transactions for accuracy and completeness, promptly responding to inquiries utilizing the highest level of customer service, verifying all documentation agrees to invoice, purchase order and receiving. Processes according to supplier agreed payment terms and department policies and procedures.
Additional Responsibilities as needed: project setup, data entry, and accounts payable. This position is 100% remote position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Contributes to teamwork by consistently offering assistance and responding in a positive, timely manner to requests for assistance from suppliers, team members and across the organization. (EF)
- Actively participates in meetings, huddles and with other team members using positive communication. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
- Calculates, posts business transactions, processes invoices, verifies transactions for accuracy, compliance, validity and completeness. (EF)
- Prepares vouchers and ensures appropriate items are included (i.e. invoice number, date, supplier address, item description, amounts and coding) according to policies and procedures. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Pays attention to detail to insure data entry is accurate and complete. Obtains accurate information and data as needed for processing and payment. (EF)
- Verifies invoice totals and accurately calculates and applies discounts as appropriate. (EF)
- Obtains appropriate documentation for vouchers, supplier records, payment transactions, cancellations, etc., and correspondence necessary to maintain complete files. (EF)
- Performs research and take appropriate actions regarding discrepancies. (EF)
- Keeps management informed on work status and issues. (EF)
FINANCE - 20%
- Independently manages time effectively and prioritizes daily tasks. Utilizes department resources efficiently. Minimizes incidental overtime. (EF)
- Completes work assignments within assigned deadlines. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Proactively manages own career development. Completes My Development Plan (MDP) (EF)
- Stays up to date on department policies and procedures. Makes recommendations and submits innovative ideas for improvement to department leadership. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o Associates degree preferred.
o Two years experience in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) accounts payable system
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o Not Applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Demonstrated customer service orientation
o Strong attention to detail and accuracy
o Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume environment
o Strong team work skills
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional Yes
Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* Yes, as required by entity/department for operational need
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within Yes
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist Academic Institute was formed to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The Research Institute was created in 2004 to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000-square-foot building dedicated to research and clinical trials, the Academic Institute houses over 2,110 credentialed researchers conducting 1,387 ongoing clinical protocols.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Interested applicants, please forward a copy of your CV to Rob Henges - firstname.lastname@example.org Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group is actively seeking two full-time General Endocrinologists to join our newly established Cypress Practice, set to open in the second quarter of 2024. The practice will be located within the Cypress …
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
The Medical Staff Services Specialist provides comprehensive support to the Medical Staff and Governing Body in matters of Medical Staff self-governance. Duties are varied within the department and include one or more of the following:processing applications for appointment and reappointment to the Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals; maintaining …
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Senior Scheduler position is responsible for providing consumers access to care and treatment through appointment-based availability of healthcare services at a designated facility. This position schedules patients for complex services (e.g., surgery, special procedures) on a routine basis and ensures quality patient surgical and/or ancillary …