Houston Methodist Academic Institute
6670 Bertner Ave
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Academic Institute
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Sept. 14, 2021
At Houston Methodist, the Financial Analyst is responsible for maintaining and analyzing data related to the financial performance of the organization and individual departments. The Analyst is also responsible for compiling and reporting information as requested by Financial Accounting, Internal Audit and management. Other responsibilities include the assistance with annual operating budgets and maintenance of a monthly dashboard of key indicators and external benchmarks.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 10 %
- Interacts with all levels of personnel within the department, other institutional departments, as well as outside companies to resolve problems/errors or questions regarding basic accounting reconciliation items.
SERVICE - 30 %
- Assists department administrator and faculty members in managing the clinical/research departmental budget.
- For Research: Assists in preparation of grant and contract budget proposals as needed. Assists in the oversight of department's financial files for all grant and donor funding.
- For Research: verifies all faculty, staff and research personnel are charged to the correct grant sources.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10 %
- Reviews revenue projections, budget revisions, etc., for physician practice and/or academic department.
FINANCE - 40 %
- Support the development of auditing, reporting and contract modedling tools as needed for identification and analysis of rate and/or fee schedule auditing, financial performance and contract performance as well as modeling and analysis of potential opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain revenue models.
- Support administrator with compilation of information needed for organization profit and loss statements required by financial accounting.
- Maintain monthly dashboard of key indicators and external benchmarks as defined by management.
- For Physician Organization: Review contracts/calculate provider productivity bonuses/compensation models.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
- Maintains procedures and SOP's for reconciliation process.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certificates, Licenses and Registrations section.
- BBA, BS or BA with a major in Accounting, or related degree is required.
- Minimum three years of financial analysis experience in health care environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
|Other (dept approved) ||No|
|On-Call* ||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above. Travel**
|May require travel within ||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|| |
|May require travel outside ||No |
|of Houston Metropolitan area|| |
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
A cornerstone of Houston Methodist's strategic vision as a source for leading care, Houston Methodist Academic Institute conducts ground breaking translational and clinical research to provide the best care to patients in our community and around the world. At Houston Methodist, fostering innovations with the potential for clinical application is at the very heart of what we do. Our interdisciplinary teams of clinicians and researchers are committed to streamlining the process of translating discoveries into treatments and cures for our patients.