Houston Methodist Academic Institute
6670 Bertner Ave
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Academic Institute
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Aug. 18, 2021
Provides regulatory and specialized support to the Director. Responsible for project management as assigned, including leading, coordinating and completing projects related to regulatory submissions and research protections activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the completion and management of projects related to the transition of research protocols to TMHRI IRB.
- Assists in the development and management of electronic IRB submissions to facilitate IRB review/approval process.
- Assists in the development of TMHRI Administrative Review and Approval management process to monitor/facilitate the approval process for both internal and external research proposals..
- Analyzes and assesses workload to ensure activities are completed in an acceptable timeframe.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Director
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for process improvement to Director.
- Work with Director to identify and track applicable departmental metrics.
- Fosters a "customer focused" environment.
- Utilizes a variety of software applications to create/compose both non-routine and sensitive communications and reports.
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
MHA, MBA, or related degree preferred.
1-2 years experience in research environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor.
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
A cornerstone of Houston Methodist's strategic vision as a source for leading care, Houston Methodist Academic Institute conducts ground breaking translational and clinical research to provide the best care to patients in our community and around the world. At Houston Methodist, fostering innovations with the potential for clinical application is at the very heart of what we do. Our interdisciplinary teams of clinicians and researchers are committed to streamlining the process of translating discoveries into treatments and cures for our patients.