Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: Aug. 25, 2021
At Houston Methodist, the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the department leadership and coordinates office procedures and functions. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating special and fundraising events as well as providing assistance to the Houston Methodist Hospital Auxiliary and Services Corps volunteers as applicable.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Works closely with department leadership to coordinate office procedures and functions.(EF)
- Provides administrative support to the leadership team and departmental staff. (EF)
- Maintains volunteer information in volunteer database. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
- Greets and welcomes guests offering support to volunteers and other stake holders who need assistance.
- Provides administrative support for Services Corps, Auxiliary and Can Care.(EF)
- Performs some volunteer applicant screening.(EF)
- Downloads, prints and prepares patient E-greetings for delivery to patients. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 15%
- Serves as Safety Officer for the department and ensures compliance with DNV standards of the volunteer program.(EF)
- Follow safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards encountered in the work environment (EF)
FINANCE - 25%
- Handles budget, ordering of supplies, uniforms and needed materials; reconciles financials and pays invoices.
- Updates database with new information, continuously monitors volunteer time, parking and meal tickets. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Handles routine correspondence and clerical duties for the Department.(EF)
- Prepares and coordinates annual event calendar. Serves as the point of contact for the department's calendar of events. (EF)
- Plans and coordinates events for department. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- One year administrative support experience required; healthcare experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Understanding of the diversity and fluid nature of volunteer work. Ability to perform duties using a personal computer and knowledge of MS Office software. Must be able to stay organized and handle a busy schedule with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, as well as volunteers.
|Other (dept approved) ||No|
|On-Call* ||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above. Travel**
|May require travel within ||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|| |
|May require travel outside ||No |
|of Houston Metropolitan area|| |
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.