Job Type: Part-Time
Work Shift: WEEKEND/DAY/12HRS
Work Week: Part-time - Saturday and Sunday, 7a - 7p
The Admitting Rep I is responsible for obtaining and inputting accurate demographic and insurance information, on the Hospital Information System (HIS) on patients, presenting at the various entry points of the Health Center. It is also the responsibility of the Patient Access Admitting Representative to adhere to all departments, hospital, governmental and/or any other healthcare licensing agency requirements related to EMTALA and HIPAA. The Patient Access Admitting Representative will employ effective communication skills, promoting excellent customer service in every interaction. Competency requirements for computer entry, as well as, insurance procedures will be maintained. The Patient Access Admitting representative performs cashiering functions, ensuring that all hospital accounts are secure, through the collection of the required co-pay, deductibles and co-insurance. Perform the medical necessity check, to ensure compliance with Medicare guidelines.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate to Geriatric
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation
1. Contributes to the departmental and hospital patient satisfaction.
2. Communicates openly in a non-judgmental manner and in a professional demeanor, during all interactions with customers and co-workers.
3. Proactively seeks solutions to address patient issues and concerns. Offers assistance without being prompted and takes the initiative to perform other tasks when the area slows down.
1. Consistently takes the necessary steps to ensure that protected health information remains private and confidential, according to established HIPAA guidelines.
2. Explains the consent forms, obtains signatures on the forms, and responds to any questions in a non-judgmental manner.
3. Practices N-O-D: tells the patients his/her name, explains his/her occupation and what he/she will be assisting the patient with.
1. Obtains and records accurate demographic and insurance information on patients, by interviewing patients, family members and physicians. Ensures that the correct insurance plan codes are utilized for the billing process. Refrains from issuing new medical record numbers to patients with existing accounts and keeps errors to =<1% of total registrations.
2. Attends at least 80% of all department meetings and in-services. Offers suggestions to improve the level of service, customer service, etc. that will improve patient satisfaction scores. Alerts management, in a timely manner, to any unusual and/or difficult situations impacting the level of service.
3. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job related in-services and applies the information needed. Complies with applicable laws, regulation, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
1. Ensures that ordered services meet established medical necessity criteria by performing the PCA (Pathways Compliance Advisor) or any other medical necessity check review, if and when warranted.
2. Collects payments based on pre-determined information provided by the insurance verification team. Absent this information, proactively performs insurance eligibility and verification to ensure reimbursement for services. If applicable, extends payment plans, after the minimum required payment has been received.
3. Accurately posts and receipts patient payments. Balances cash drawer on a daily basis; follows the department policy related to cash drawers and cash receipting.
1. Participates in departmental and hospital performance improvement plans.
2. Completes all hospital required and job related in-services and applies the information as needed.
3. Supports the Admitting team needs when area admission requirements are completed and/or indicated by workdriver.
4. Supports other Admission area needs and collaborates with other departments or other HM hospitals as indicated by workdriver.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School graduate or GED
1 year of registration experience in a hospital environment preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Computer skills required
HBOC-McKesson Healthquest (HIS) experience preferred
Microsoft Outlook experience
Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
Ability to manage a fast-paced environment
Proficient in English, written and verbal
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist West Hospital is committed to leading medicine in West Houston, Katy and surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, personalized service and innovation. The growing campus offers nearly 200 beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1300 employees, with access to the most innovative medical and surgical care available, including robotic and minimally invasive surgery, full-spectrum heart care, state-of-the-art imaging, cancer care, labor and delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, outpatient rehabilitation and 24/7 emergency services.
Admitting Representative I
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: work Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7a-7p. Thursday 1p-7p.Job Summary06/2014JOB SUMMARYThe Admitting Rep I is responsible for obtaining and inputting accurate demographic ...
Insurance Verifier I
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F, 10 am - 6:30pmJob SummaryPOSITION SUMMARYThe Insurance Verifier I is responsible for obtaining and recording eligibility and benefit ...
Case Management Representative
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, MondayJob SummaryAt Houston Methodist, the Case Management (CM) Representative position provides technical, clerical assistance and data management ...