Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Team Lead performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. Leads the implementation efforts around new solutions and upgrades with designated team. The position entails assisting, training and supporting junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems. The Application Team Lead works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies. The Team Lead manages customer expectations and deliverables. Responsibilities may include creating custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues. The Application Team Lead manages troubleshooting of issues and problems within related IT applications. This role is responsible for managing changes in IT CCM and managing CCM related activities of junior team members. The Application Team Lead manages applications and related services and contributes to the successful mission of the department. The Team Lead applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Initiates and maintains positive relationships with key customers and co-workers.
2. Acts as a liaison with vendors and participates in vendor or system selections.
3. Supports and evaluates change management efforts on assigned solutions.
4. Provides input into team members¿ annual evaluations.
5. Participates in interviewing process for hiring potential team members and providing feedback to manager.
6. Directs deliverables and manages of assigned projects.
7. Manages team members¿ assignments on daily operations and through the life cycle of a project.
8. Provides training and mentoring for team members through formal and informal methods.
9. Assists in the development and execution of team building exercises.
1. Effectively communicates with customers, providing proactive updates and alerts to potential issues.
2. Manages large scale projects.
3. Develops clear messaging to customers and management on plans for issue resolution, status updates and their effect on the department to customers.
4. Partners with customers and team members to translate business requirements into viable solutions, identifying potential benefits, and re-engineering workflow/processes to achieve anticipated benefits.
5. Coordinates discovery, planning or follow up sessions with key customers.
6. Participates in managing and resolving major system outages, disaster management and change control.
7. Actively seeks opportunities to lead initiatives within the organization.
QUALITY/SAFETY ( 20%)
1. Implements and supports large, complex applications with technical experience in systems analysis, design, building, testing, and implementation.
2. Directs deliverables and monitors and evaluates project outcomes.
3. Performs high level administration of applications and ensures quality delivery of application availability by directing work product of team members.
4. Partners with the Project Management Office to support all phases of project implementation.
5. Proactively coordinates regular status sessions with key customers.
6. Mentors junior team members in PMO procedures.
7. Provides oversight for work assigned to team members and evaluates effectiveness of their work product.
8. Provides input for focul point reviews of junior team members.
9. Participates in setting, monitoring, and meeting SLAs with key customers.
1. Coordinates and provides problem resolution, technical analyses, costs and resource estimates, work plans, workflow documentation, and progress reports on assigned projects.
2. Identifies solutions to optimize performance of existing systems and gains customer consensus on instituting changes; institutes changes when approved.
3. Particpates in department budgeting process.
4. Demonstrates effective assignment delegation and evaluation of team¿s work effort.
1. Fosters an environment that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and growth.
2. Ensures consistency in changes to process, tools, and overall practice are developed, ensuring a focus on continued integration and overall system benefit.
3. Provides innovative support for custom Information Technology needs throughout organization.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
7+ years experience in direct support and/or development of business applications. Information Technology experience required. Healthcare experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor's degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Expert knowledge and skill in multiple healthcare applications or clinical workflows.
Ability and skill to expertly manage systems and to engineer solutions with IT customers and vendors.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Ability to expertly utilize PMO procedures.
Demonstrates strong knowledge of Project Management Methodologies through system implementations
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Application Analyst II- Business Ancillary System
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary03/2017JOB SUMMARYThe Application Analyst II is responsible for intermediate level support and configuration of assigned applications including but ...
Senior Applications Analyst- Radiation Oncology
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary04/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Sr. Application Analyst performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, ...
Applications Analyst III - Provider Solutions
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary04/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Application Analyst III performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, ...