Category: HIM/Medical Records
Job Type: Part-Time
Posted Date: Sept. 3, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Weekend-Sat-Sun 7:00am-5:00pm
The Birth Registrar performs activities associated with the registration of hospital births and the timely filing of required documentation in accordance with State regulations to the State of Texas.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collect birth certificate data and/or provide assistance to parent(s) to complete the birth certificate worksheet; enter worksheet data into Certificate Manager and print out birth certificate; proofread the birth certificate for errors before presenting it to the parents for their signature(s); obtain parent(s) signature(s).
2. Follow appropriate guidelines for obtaining Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP); review AOP for errors or omissions; retain a copy of the AOP and Parent Survey for at least 5 years (maintained outside of the mother's and baby's medical record).
3. Provide printed social security receipt with explanation that it is to be used as proof that a social security number has been applied for; issue a signed certification of birth facts for insurance purposes.
4. Ensure blue birth certificate is signed and dated by authorized facility designee; mail completed birth certificate with AOP attached if applicable by registered mail to the local registrar; transmit birth certificate information to the Texas State Bureau of Vital Statistics in Austin daily or within 5 days of baby's birth; enter infant's legal name into MediTech after the baby has been discharged.
5. Perform other duties as requested.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
One year of direct experience in birth registration or one year of general office experience in Health Information Management required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
State of Texas Birth Registrar Certification (BRC) required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Very good PC knowledge to include computer literacy in Word and Windows software
Ability to use keyboard with typing skill of 40 wpm
Proficiency in English, grammar, and spelling. Bilingual in
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge of the components of the medical record
Ability to handle stressful situations with compassion and professionalism in processing records in the event of a non-viable birth
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.
Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist II
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: Day ShiftWork Week: Monday - Friday. May also be required to work weekends and holidays when needed.Job SummaryThe Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist II ...
Floor Technician/Environmental Services Technician
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: Evening Shift (12:30 pm - 8:00 pm)Work Week: Monday - Friday.Job SummaryAt Houston Methodist, the Environmental Services Technician position performs a variety of ...
Lead Surgical Technologist (CST) Sterile Processing
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThis position will be the coordinator for Sterile Processing. Experience in Sterile Processing is required.11/2018JOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, ...