Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Support Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Sept. 30, 2021
Responsible for maintaining inventory and flow of merchandise within the gift shop
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to close out register, prepare daily bank deposits. (EF)
- Manage inventory control of gift shop merchandise and recommend purchases when necessary. (EF)
- Responsible for magazine/book inventory and placement in gift shop. (EF)
- Responsible for RS Covenant jewelry: inventory & ordering. (EF)
- Responsible for Angel Pins: inventory & ordering.
- Responsible for Sunrise / It Takes Two Greeting Cards: inventory & ordering
- Assist customers with selection process
- Answer telephone and take phone orders
- Ability to operate POS Cash Register system, Omni Charge machine, Payroll Deduction machine, Fax, Copier. (EF)
- Assist in merchandise selection for designated areas of the gift shop and remain within budget.
- Maintain inventory control and flow of merchandise for the gift shop.(EF)
- Follow all safety rules while on the job. Report accidents promptly and correct minor safety hazards.
- Demonstrate the components of the I Care Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Degree and business education or equivalent training
Two years retail or business experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.