Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Buisness Analyst II translates customer needs and technology directions into product definition. The individual works with development, leadership, and end users on the functional requirements definition, design, implementation, and maintenance of web applications and will often manage complex projects that require input from across functions. The Business Analyst II provides solutions to customer needs, new ideas and trends through new technologies that support the vision and goals of the organization. The Business Analyst II reviews, analyzes, develops, and modifies functional documentation for business applications. This individual works within the Research Technology team to support software projects from ideation through implementation and maintenance including working on proposals, specifications, wire frames, and site maps to help define the user experience for new software applications. The Business Analyst II will detect, analyze, diagnose, report, and resolve problems and enhancement requests associated with applications. May instruct, direct, and check the work of business analysis personnel. Acts as team leader for projects. The ideal candidate would have experience with research administration applications (i.e., Click Huron, etc) and/or clinical trial management systems (i.e., Velos eResearch, etc).
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Communicates (oral and written) effectively with customers, vendors, colleagues, and management about services, contact information, system availability, and information.
2. Acts as liaison between the customer and the technical team facilitating requirements gathering sessions, set expectations and coordinate team members utilizing teamwork and collaborative skills.
3. Provides user education of business intelligence applications and helps ensure access to data with the goal of reduced reliance, over time, on technical specialists in order to obtain data.
4. Engages customers and elicit requirements using various methods such as Agile and RAD design and development in conjunction with developers to document business case/scope/plan, business/functional requirements; including specifications for package solutions, and/or software development.
5. Provides training for team members through formal and informal methods.
1. Practices good time management, good assessment in professional decision making, and management reporting skills.
2. Helps minimize excess cost(s) by assisting and recommending solutions in achieving organizational objectives.
3. Provides problem resolution, technical analyses, costs and resource estimates, work plans, workflow documentation, and progress reports on assigned projects.
1. Maintains the quality and integrity of data collected for decision making and works with the other areas of the organization to ensure consistent reporting of information.
2. Demonstrates commitment to Houston Methodist values and goals to ensure all reported data and information are accurate, consistent, relevant and timely.
3. Performs required quality and profiling activities on the data to ensure information delivered from BI solutions is defect free and of high quality.
4. Partners with the Project Manager to support all phases of project implementation.
5. Participates in setting, monitoring, and meeting SLAs with key customers.
6. Develop detailed system test plans, execute system test cases and provide issue tracking and consolidation. Manage a coordinated User Acceptance Test (UAT) effort.
1. Facilitates gathering and documenting requirements, business rules, source to target mapping, metadata capture and other related documentation.
2. Decomposes high-level business and user requirements into complete, concise and consistent functional requirements suitable for use by the developer.
3. Designs and develops reports, dashboards, and user presentations using the BI tool.
4. Develops clear messaging to customers and management on plans for issue resolution, status updates and their effect on the department to customers.
5. Coordinates discovery, planning or follow up sessions with key customers.
6. Participates in resolving system outages, disaster management and change control.
1. Proposes solutions to facilitate constructive discussion within the team to arrive at the most optimal solution.
2. Uses internal and external resources to stay up to date with new BI technologies and trends.
3. Fosters an environment that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and growth.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Health Administration, or related discipline required.
2 - 4 years experience in the Health Care Industry.
Knowledge of clinical and financial operations in a hospital environment a plus.
2 – 4 years experience working with computer systems, including Microsoft Professional tools.
0 – 2 years working with information technology teams on development projects.
Experience with tools such as Microsoft Analysis Services, SQL, ASP.Net. or similar technologies not required, but a “big” plus.
Experience integrating new and existing clinical database environments a “big” plus.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Business Analyst II - Research Technology Development
Houston Methodist Research Institute, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThe Buisness Analyst II translates customer needs and technology directions into product definition. The individual works with development, ...
Functional Systems Adminstrator
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThe Functional System Administrator is responsible for the support, coordination, and maintenance of information related to the Time ...
PBX Operator (Days)
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: PART TIME (DAY)Work Week: VariesHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45 and includes a 150,000-square-foot medical ...