Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Support Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: March 4, 2022
Serves as team leader of Call Center Representatives and assists Customer Service Manager with operations of the Call Center. Operates a variety of computer systems to dispatch, coordinate and document Support Service requests for multiple departments, including Facility Management Services, Building Services, Central Transportation, Biomedical Instrumentation, and Environmental Health and Safety on a 24 hour/day, seven day/week basis. Assists internal and external customers with service requests of routine and emergent natures. Excellent customer service attitude and communication skills required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee is expected to come to work dressed appropriately and follow the personal appearance guidelines.
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement, complies with I CARE Values workgroup commitment, and practices good phone etiquette.
- Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards. Maintains supply of Service Recovery coupons and documents distribution.
- Identifies cost saving or revenue opportunities, reduction of overtime.
- Demonstrates knowledge and behaviors related to environmental, employee, or patient safety
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Performs duties in a safe manner, using appropriate equipment and methods, including ergonomics, to reduce injuries.
- Reports accidents according to policies and procedures, and corrects minor safety hazards.
- Remains in compliance with hand hygiene and hand washing guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with Hospital and System policies related to patient, employee, and public safety.
- Performs tasks as directed by Operations Administrator and/or Incident Commander as needed in emergency situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills in responding to HMH emergency codes.
- Responds in a proactive manner to service concerns, resolving such matters according to established guidelines in a prompt manner. Escalates non-routine issues in a timely manner to appropriate management staff in order to maintain a high level of patient and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures quality level of service is maintained by completing Quality Assurance call backs on work orders and documenting completeness and customer satisfaction.
- Follows up on incomplete requests and manages and resolves routine customer complaints. Notifies customers of delays or cancellations in a timely manner.
- Assists Customer Service Manager in development and distribution of training materials, and distribution of, reports, etc. Handles special projects as assigned. Responsible for training of new hires and completion of competency assessments and rounding reports.
- Provides feedback to management regarding personnel, operational, and equipment issues and to staff regarding performance and compliance with operational standards. Maintains equipment inventory, coordinates equipment repairs, maintenance, and purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Operates communication equipment including two-way radio systems, pagers, printers, fax machines, emergency ring-down telephones, and electronic mail. Monitors and documents pertinent facility status and information including emergencies, shutdowns, construction, and blocked patient rooms, and personnel list of key contacts on duty or on call for the departments serviced.
- Maintains control of equipment and resources, completes logs and accurately documents information according to standard operating procedures. Distributes scrub suits, and sleep rooms to authorized personnel. Performs inventory of equipment on routine basis. Distributes communication equipment to appropriated staffing and completes records of usage. Identifies equipment needing repair and labels it noting operating issues.
- Assists management in contacting staff for replacement coverage for Call Center absences and third shift personnel for all CTD positions. Monitors CTD staff for compliance with wearing identification badges and earpieces prior to issuing equipment. Monitors CTD staff for compliance with break and lunch schedules, completing assignments, radio usage, etc. Reports issues to management for resolution. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and informs management of pertinent issues.
- Dispatches expected to handle 97% of the calls received, expected to be professional and courteous at all time.
- Expected to ask the caller to hold before just placing them on hold.
- Expected to enter work requests timely and accurately.
- Expected to have callers on hold for less than one minute.
- Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or services.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School diploma or G.E.D. required; some college preferred
Requires minimum of two years' experience working in dispatch or call center environment, or two years' experience in a comparable customer service setting, or two year's employment in the Central Transportation Department.
Minimum of two years' leadership experience in a customer service or logistics environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including ability to demonstrate an audible, friendly, professional, and well-mannered speaking voice. Ability to remain calm and polite while multi-tasking multiple phone lines and using multiple software programs. Excellent customer service skills required; must be able to handle stressful situations with ease. Able to motivate and lead others. Strong time management skills required to complete projects according to deadlines. Strong computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft One Notes, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, internet, and dispatch software preferred. Excellent data entry skills required; perform typing at a minimum of 40 words per minute. Able to work independently while maintaining accountability to work team. Good judgment and problem analysis/solving skills needed. Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. In 2020, U.S. News & World Report named Houston Methodist Hospital to its top ranked Honor Roll for the fourth time and second consecutive year. 2020 also marked the ninth year in a row Houston Methodist Hospital has been named the No. 1 hospital in Texas. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 952 operating beds, 85 operating rooms and over 8,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
The same high-quality care for which Houston Methodist is known is available at several Emergency Care Centers in Houston and the surrounding areas. These Emergency Care Centers house exam rooms, full digital radiography suite, low radiation dose 16-slice CT scan, ultrasound and a full on-site stat chemistry lab.