Cardio Diag Technician I - FT/Days
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Imaging Services
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- Sept. 25, 2023
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
- Performs diagnostic electrocardiograms (12 lead EKGs) and Holter monitor exams that require precise placement of electrodes to the assigned area for accurate EKG data. Proactively identifies issues and how to address them for optimum results. (EF)
- Provides care for the physical needs of patients when conducting the EKG and/or Holter exams. Educates patients on the required care of the monitoring unit and electrode care, who require inpatient or outpatient Holter monitoring. (EF)
- Provides direct assistance to physicians and other health care team members during diagnostic exams.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Identifies changes or abnormalities in EKG morphology when performing exams or processing data. Takes corrective action or communicates immediately, when appropriate, to proper personnel for the best results. (EF)
- Reviews the quality of EKG tracings for the patient care team and interpreting physician.
- Ensures all patient care equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered, when applicable. (EF)
- Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities.
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technician.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
- Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology/ Cardiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing workflow and actively participating in problem solving
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation’s leading centers for medical education and research. In 2022, U.S. News & World Report named Houston Methodist Hospital to its prestigious Honor Roll for the sixth time. Also, in this year’s rankings, Houston Methodist Hospital was named the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the 11th year in a row. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 946 operating beds, 85 operating rooms and nearly 8,500 employees, Houston Methodist Hospital offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducting nursing assessments, assisting …
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Sr Polysomnographic Technologist position is an experienced and fully competent Polysomnographic Technologist who works under the general supervision of clinical/medical director or designee to provide for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This position performs advanced duties including the scoring of sleep studies and …
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II Department Premium position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II Department Premium position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, …