Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Support Services
Job Type: Part-Time
Posted Date: July 14, 2021
The employee works as a cashier in The Market Place or Bistro area. Directly responsible for large sums of cash. Prepares cashier's report and deposits revenues as per Cash Handling Procedures. Also assists in the food service area and dining room. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist Hospital best care and/or service image. Performs other job related duties as assigned Demonstrated the components of the I CARE values statement. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding hazards identified in the work place.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all Cash Handling Procedures for depositing of revenues with the Main Cashier during the day and into Safe #1 during the evening shift. Handles and is responsible for operating bank ($350.00), cash receipts and deposits (from $400.00 to $2000.00). Accurately processes all transactions on cash register, giving proper change and a legible receipt each time. Consistently stays within the short/over guidelines. (Cashier Balance Parades). Accurately completes Cashier's Report at the end of each shift. Fills out Doctors' and all other Charge Tickets according to procedures. Use bill counter to count bank and deposit. Adds house and other changes signs twice to check balance.
- Handles customer's complaints. Responsible for changing the menu boards. Maintains stock levels on all snack items in service area. Replenishs plastic flatware dispersers. Maintains the cashier area in an organized way. Stock all beverage coolers, chips, candies, etc...
- Participates in units Quality Management program and complies with standards of Regulatory Agencies.
- Practices cost control through proper use of supplies and equipment.
- Adapts to change.
- Being a team player, cooperating and assisting others
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Responsible for keeping service areas clean during slow times
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum 1 year experience operating a cash register in a food service establishment, or other equivalent situation.
Capable of using basic math and operating a 10-key calculator.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read, write and speak basic English desired.
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.