Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Support Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: April 1, 2021
The Ancillary Scheduling Coordinator performs all duties of the Scheduler I and Scheduler II. The Coordinator participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Ancillary Scheduling and Surgery Scheduling Department. Assists in the training of internal and external customers and staff, and serves as a resource. Facilitates staff development, and participates in the staff evaluation process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and assists with the evaluation of quality management statistics. Identifies and resolves issues with designated users (physician's offices, TMH departments and patients). Recommends changes in procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and assists in implementing those changes. (EF)
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the scheduling process, procedures and software configuration. (EF)
- Establishes priorities for staff. Monitors and coaches staff. (EF)
- Assists in development, implementing and maintaining training materials and programs. Participates in the assessment and evaluation of scheduling staff. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent required, some college preferred.
Minimum of three years scheduling experience including one year computer scheduling experience in a medical setting is required. Minimum typing skills of thirty words per minute. Must be proficient in word processing and spread sheet programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in English, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates proficiency in medical terminology including diagnoses and procedures.
- Demonstrates leadership and proficiency in team building.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve complex problems.
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.